After the highly successful launch of the East Lancashire Railway’s latest fundraising appeals we now need a passionate volunteer to champion them! As news and updates are a vital cornerstone of any fundraising effort, our ideal candidate will see to it that all donors are made aware of any ongoing progress as well as looking at new ways to attract more funds and intuitively collect more donations.
• Assist with planning and execution of fundraising events.
• Compose and distribute fundraising news.
• Generate support from internal and external stakeholders.
• Help devise and develop fundraising ideas and initiatives.
• Create emails to update donors on how their funds are being utilised.
• Excellent writing (style and grammar), communication and organisation skills.
• Writing style that can convey detailed information in an articulate, elegant and persuasive way.
• Ability to work independently of supervision whilst maintaining close communication with the Sales Manager.
• Sense of humour and ability to collaborate as needed.
• Desire to learn about fundraising and development, as well as programmatic aspects of non-profit work.
This position requires a commitment of approximately 5 hours per week – hours may vary depending on fundraising progress and demands.
To apply, please send a C.V, covering letter and samples of both persuasive and argumentative writing to: Richard Barnett, Sales Manager, East Lancashire Railway, Bolton Street Station, Bury BL9 0EY.
You can also email your application directly to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.